GO-Science is a first-class learning experience for Eastern North Carolina that provides inspirational, motivational, and educational programs and activities for children, adults, and schools in order to help participants appreciate the role of science in our lives; believing that the knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) is a core understanding and capacity of an educated community.
- Demonstrate the relevance of science and technology in everyday living;
- Provide affordable facilities for teacher professional development programs;
- Provide access to more sophisticated lab equipment and subject matter experts;
- Provide access to science and mathematics programs that enhance the current curriculum;
- Assist teachers in science content, process, and teaching technologies;
- Provide schools with curriculum-based science programs that are exciting and engaging.
Economic Development and Workforce Enhancement
- Assist in the development of a science and mathematically literate work force;
- Contribute to a workforce better prepared in technology, science, and mathematics;
- Assist in providing a community that attracts key industry for relocation;
- Motivate and inspire students of all ages to pursue higher levels of learning.
A Regional Science & Technology Center
GO-Science is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed to provide a place where children and adults of all ages and abilities are encouraged to develop their full potential through interactive, informal STEM activities. We have over two million dollars’ worth of interactive science and technology exhibits ready to be made available to the public at a state-of-the-art science and technology center located at 729 Dickinson Ave., in Greenville, NC.